Now there are LOTS of various guacamole recipe out there. I have been making this one for many many years and it’s always a big winner! Don’t know if it’s really authentic but it’s a sure crowd-pleaser!
Serve it with my Oven-Baked Tortillas Chips for a better & healthier version or the usual “chips and guacamole”…It certainly won’t leave you with that shameful feeling you get after an eating-frenzy of store-bought nachos and whatever creamy or cheesy stuff they package…Ugh
This Perfect Chunky Guacamole is FRESH and it has just the right balance of sweetness, saltiness and acidity! I also like to use is as a topping for my burgers and a filling in my sandwiches and wraps…There are so many possibilities! Please share yours with me! I LOVE to read your comments
- - 3 ripe avocados, diced (NOT mashed)
- - 8 grape tomatoes, quartered
- - 1 shallots, minced
- - 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- - 1 garlic clove, minced
- - 2 tbsp lime juice
- - 1 tsp crushed pepper flakes (you can omit or add more according to your own taste and resistance to spicy foods)
- - Salt & Pepper
- Throw all the ingredients in a bowl. Stir well.
- Cover (with a cellophane right on top of the guacamole, letting no air in to avoid a maximum of oxydation), and chill until ready to serve.
- * Yields about 2 cups
- * Serve with the Oven-Baked Tortillas Chips and along with the Crispy taco cups