It’s lobster season!! I am so excited because I am such a huge lobster fan. In fact, I think I could probably eat my weight of this delicious seafood and I am only slightly exaggerating!
This salad is not only a delicious and healthy way of eating this delicacy, it’s also classy and a definite crowd-pleaser, whether it be as an appetizer or a main meal. Just adjust your quantities and you’re good to go! If you serve it as a main meal, you can also add some rice or quinoa as a base and put the salad on top, buddha bowl style… Perfect when it’s hot outside!
- - The meat of 1 fully cooked lobster of approx. 1 1/2 lbs or 450-680 grams, chopped in bite size pieces. (It should yield about 1/2 lbs or 250 grams of meat)
- - 1 ripe avocado, sliced or diced
- - 1 green onion, chopped.
- - 1/2 mango, sliced or diced
- - 6-8 whole leaves Romaine lettuce
- - 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- -1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- -1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- -1 tbsp Maple sryrup
- -1 tsp dijon mustard
- -1 tsp salt
- - fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Arrange 2-3 Romaine lettuce leaves on 4-6 appetizer plates and divide the rest of the ingredients (except the cilantro) over top.
- Drizzle with the dressing as desired and garnish with the fresh cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
- * This salad serves 4 to 6 people as an appetizer.