It’s already time for another fun collaboration with Janes! This time, I was challenged to create a recipe for March break and naturally, I thought that it needed to be totally kids-friendly!
If you’re planning to stay home during March break and maybe have a few kids over for multiplied enjoyment and games, but you truly don’t feel like cooking for hours to feed this crowd, you have a perfect option here.
This is pretty much everything that most children absolutely love: chicken nuggets? Check! Pizza (or spaghetti) sauce? Check! Deliciously melted cheddar cheese? Check! In adorable little sesame seeds sliders buns? Check!
These sliders don’t require a lot of fancy ingredients, takes a few minutes to prepare and can feed a group of starving children…What’s not to love? You can also plan for some of the adults wanting to grab a few of these babies, so maybe plan on a double recipe while you’re at it!
- - 1 package of 12 sesame sliders buns;
- - 12 Janes', Pub-Style Chicken Nuggets;
- - 1/2 cup pizza sauce (or spaghetti sauce), store bought or homemade;
- - 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or mozzarella if you prefer)
- -1/4 cup melted butter
- - 1 tsp Italian seasonings
- - 1/2 tsp salt
- - 1 garlic clove (if you like it - my kids don't so I omit it)
- Preheat you over at 350F
- On a baking sheet, bake the chicken nuggets according to package. Set aside.
- In a baking dish lined with parchment paper, place the bottoms of the slider buns.
- Put a chicken nugget on each slider-bun bottom, add about 2 tbsp pizza sauce on top of each nugget, then sprinkle with cheese. Place slider-buns tops over.
- Brush with topping mix. Cover with foil and bake 15 minutes.
- remove foil and bake another 5 minutes. You can also broil the buns for about 1 minutes at the end to get nice crusty-golden tops.
- Serve immediately.