Snacking is an important part of maintaining a healthy weight and ensuring that your energy and concentration levels are consistent throughout your day. Ever heard of the mid-afternoon slump? That sluggish feeling can be caused by lack of sleep and exercise, but most often than not, poor eating habits are to blame. One way to minimise this discomfort is to have a satisfying, delicious and healthy snack that will keep you full and tide you over to your next meal.
Having a good snack mid-morning is also primordial to control your appetite and avoid minimize poor choices at lunch when one is famished and cannot think straight. Not to mention that HANGRY feeling!
Here are is a list of 15 sweet & savoury snacks that are not only delicious, but also healthy and satisfying!
So snack-on baby!
For the sweet snacks (the links below refer to each of the pictures from left to right and top to bottom):
1. These Oats Muffins with Strawberries and Pecans contain no oil nor butter, but are so flavourful with a burst of strawberry in every bite!
2. From a fellow blogger that I love, these no-bake oatmeal energy balls from Bless This Mess Please, literally take 10 minutes to make and they are so delicious that you’ll forget that they are actually very healthy.
3. In need of protein, but you feel like sweets? These Cranberry, Dates & Orange Quinoa Breakfast Squares are perfect for you. They will definitely fill you up till your next meal.
4. Not incredibly hungry but still want a light & fun snack? From Carrrie’s Experimental Kitchen, these cinnamon apple chips are the perfect choice for you!
5. If your perfect idea of a treat is a delicious cupcake, then you can definitely snack on these Skinny cupcakes with coconut whipped cream frosting without any guilt! At less than 100 calories each, we are not even talking about “indulging” here!
6. Now if you need some serious energy and protein, these Healthy Coconut & Almond Butter Cookies are really deceptive because even just one of those will fill you right up!
7. Finally at just 38 calories per cookie, there is no good reason to pass on these Quick, Healthy & Crunchy No-Bake Cookies . Ready in a flash and easy to bring to work, with just the right amount of protein and sweets.
For the savoury snacks (the links below refer to each of the pictures from left to right and top to bottom):
8. How cute are those tuna-cucumber sandwiches from Skinnyms? Perfect snack as they are filled with protein but contain no carbs. Just the right stuff to tide you over to dinner.
9. If you are at home and you want something a little spicy that taste sinful but is actually quite light, try these Spicy & Sweet Crispy Cauliflower Bites. Absolutely delicious!!
10. Now for a more traditional snack, what is more satisfying than guacamole and chips? This Perfect Chunky Guacamole, served with those low-fat Oven-Baked Tortillas Chips will definitely make you forget the store-bought options!
11. On the weekends, this tomato-avocado melt from My Recipe Magic is wonderfully easy. It will become a staple in your house I am sure.
12. I am one of those people who absolutely cannot control myself in presence of chips. These baked sweet potato chips from A Spicy Perspective let me curb my cravings without compromising my waist line or my health. Win-Win!
13. From one of my favorite food blog Trois Fois Par Jour, I have been making this edamame-avocado spread for years now and I just don’t get tired of it.
14. If you want something crunchy, these roasted chickpeas from Joy Food Sunshine are so addictive, yet packed with protein and antioxidants. Just a fantastic snack to bring to the office!
15. Finally, if you are a fan of sushi but you don’t want all those carbs from the rice, these Rice less salmon maki rolls are a wonderful solution. Tasty, full of healthy protein and soooo satisfying, you won’t even miss the rice I promise.
Happy snacking everyone!