Do you often need to beat an afternoon energy slump with something a little sugary? And because of your lack of options, do you often go for something like a candy bar or any packaged sugary and refined carbs option that you can put your hands on? Followed by a guilty, hyped-up blood sugar, conscience??
Well, a great way to avoid all that is to be prepared and plan your snacks in advance just like you would do it with your dinners. There is just no way around it, you will need a snack at some point and if there is no good option available, this one little snack might put you off tracks in your health and weight control goals. ?
These cookies are fluffy and delicious! I have been experimenting lately with coconut flour since I’ve ordered a bag of this organic brand on Amazon Prime (I like to order from Amazon because they seem to have the price prices and with prime, the shipping is very fast and free!…I just love to save time and money that way ?. ) Coconut flour is an amazing product because it is grain free, high in fiber, protein, healthy fats, but low in calories and has a low score on the glycemic index. Add to this some organic almond butter, quick oats, dates, shredded coconut, almond milk and you have got yourself an snack that will satisfy your sweet tooth and keep your hunger in check for hours.
These cookies totally would qualify as a grab-and-go breakfast option too!
- -1/4 cup coconut flour (I used Everland Organic Gluten Free Coconut Flour, 454gm)
- - 1/2 cup quick oats
- - 1 tsp. Baking powder
- - 1 pinch salt
- - 1/4 cup brown sugar
- - 1 cup organic almond butter
- - 1/4 cup shredded coconut (I used Everland Organic Dried Shredded Coconut, 227gm)
- - 2 large eggs, whisked
- - 1/4 cup almond milk
- - 10 dates, pitted and chopped
- Preheat your oven at 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients together. Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Scoop about 1 1/2 tbsp of the mixture on the parchment paper, leaving about 1/2 inch between each cookie.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.