I am once again honoured to be invited to participate in the #cuisinezavecjanes challenge! This time, since June rimes with the end of the school year (Yay!), I was asked to create a recipe that parents could prepare with their children. Of course, if you want to keep children interested in helping you, it’s probably a good idea to create a « kids friendly » meal…that is one that is sure to disappear very quickly !
Let me see…a winning combo for kids probably involve something a bit crispy and if you also have a sweet component with a chance to get your fingers all sticky, then you have a home run!
Plus, this recipe is incredibly easy and quick to prepare. You’ll have your meal on the table in under 20 minutes, tops!
- - 12 Janes Chicken Breast Strips
- - 3 garlic cloves, minced
- - 2-3 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- - 1/2 cup honey
- - 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- - 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- - 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- - 1 tbsp ketchup (OR, if your family likes the heat substitute by Sriracha sauce)
- Bake the chicken according to package.
- While the chicken is baking, in a medium size saucepan, mix all the other ingredients together (except the ketchup or sriracha sauce) and whisk to combine. Bring sauce to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens (approximately 2 minutes). Taste and stir in ketchup or Sriracha. Cover and set the sauce aside.
- Once the chicken strips are cooked, cut them widthwise in 4 pieces each. Toss chicken pieces in the sauce using a spatula until evenly coated.
- Serve on Jasmine rice and top with chopped green onions and sesame seeds.