I am once again honoured to be invited to participate in the #cuisinezavecjanes challenge! This time, since June rimes with the end of the school year (Yay!), I was asked to create a recipe that parents could prepare with their children. Of course, if you want to keep children interested in helping you, it’s probably a good idea to create a « kids friendly » meal…that is one that is sure to disappear very quickly !
Let me see…a winning combo for kids probably involve something a bit crispy and if you also have a sweet component with a chance to get your fingers all sticky, then you have a home run!
Plus, this recipe is incredibly easy and quick to prepare. You’ll have your meal on the table in under 20 minutes, tops!
Sticky Sweet Crispy Chicken Bites
Sticky, sweet, crispy...this dish has all the components to make everyone, kids and adults alike, very happy! Part of #cuisinezavecjanes challenge
Write a review
- - 12 Janes Chicken Breast Strips
- - 3 garlic cloves, minced
- - 2-3 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- - 1/2 cup honey
- - 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- - 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- - 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- - 1 tbsp ketchup (OR, if your family likes the heat substitute by Sriracha sauce)
- Bake the chicken according to package.
- While the chicken is baking, in a medium size saucepan, mix all the other ingredients together (except the ketchup or sriracha sauce) and whisk to combine. Bring sauce to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens (approximately 2 minutes). Taste and stir in ketchup or Sriracha. Cover and set the sauce aside.
- Once the chicken strips are cooked, cut them widthwise in 4 pieces each. Toss chicken pieces in the sauce using a spatula until evenly coated.
- Serve on Jasmine rice and top with chopped green onions and sesame seeds.