I am a huge fan of ceasar salads. They’re really easy and quick to prepare, so it’s often for me a « go-to » side dish. However, I am not a fan of the store bought ceasar dressings full of sugar, saturated fats and who knows what else. Just reading the label will give you a headache!
Most « real » ceasar dressings recipes will contain raw egg yolks and mayo, mine does not, but I assure you that you will be convinced. It’s not only delicious, it’s perfectly light and creamy!
The secret is of course in using good quality, freshly grated parmesan cheese.
This recipe takes literally 5 minutes to make and yields about 1 1/2 cup of dressing.
Now all you’ll have to do is tear those lettuces leaves, add some croutons, grated parmesan cheese, add some bacon bits if you like and mix it all with your new fantastic ceasar dressing! I bet it would make a fantastic marinade for chicken tenders… Will definitely try this soon 🙂
- - 1 tbsp anchovy paste
- - 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- - 1tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- - 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- - 2 tbsp low-fat sour cream
- - 1/2 cup of finely grated parmesan (fresh)
- - 1/2 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- Put the 5 first ingredients in a mason jar and blend well with a spoon.
- Add the parmesan cheese and the olive oil.
- Put the mason jar lid on.
- Shake well.
- The dressing will keep in a closed container for about a week in the fridge.