the Halloween theme, here are some cute “Jack O’ Lantern” peppers, stuffed with delicious chicken parmesan.
They are so quick to prepare, using fully cooked carved chicken breasts, some leftover rice, marinara sauce and cheese. The carving of was an idea I took from Everyday Jenny but I decided to stuff my peppers with use a more traditional, chicken parmigiana stuffing for my pepper. With a simple green salad on the side, you have got yourself a week night meal done in no time!
The kids literally devoured this meal. In fact, I originally prepared only 4 peppers for the four of us, but I should have made 6, since we all could have eaten a little more and…a little leftovers for a next-day lunch would have been welcomed! Therefore, I adjusted the recipe accordingly for you.
- - 6 orange bell peppers
- - 200 gr. (about half a box) of Janes carved Chicken Breast, thawed.
- - 2 cups of marinara sauce (homemade or store bought)
- - 2 cups shredded mozza-cheddar mix
- - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- - 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- - 1/2 cup cooked rice (or quinoa)
- - 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese to sprinkle
- - 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Preheat your oven at 400F.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together, except the parmesan and chicken stock.
- "Carve" your peppers according to your creative vision and stuff with the mixed ingredients. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- In a small casserole, put all your peppers upright with the tops on. Pour chicken stock on the bottom and cover either with the casserole lid or with foil.
- Bake 45 minutes. Uncover, put the peppers tops on the side and broil for about 3 minutes.
- Serve with a salad on the side.
- I used chopped black olives to create a "scary eyes", but if you're going more for cute, I would simply carve little triangles as eyes and nose.