butter and jelly sandwiches are an easy go-to snack/lunch whenever my kids (meaning myself) are feeling lazy and just want a quick fix to their hunger without compromising on taste. So, I was thinking of a way to recreate the same flavours in a great & convenient muffin!
After a few tries, I think this recipe totally nails it. It is delicious, moist and healthy. Full of beautiful peanut protein, with no added oil, it’s a perfect solution for your mid-afternoon cravings or a for breakfast on the go. But don’t let me try to convince you, bake them and you’ll see 🙂
PB & J muffins
A delicious, convenient and healthy snack/breakfast on the go!
Write a review
- - 1 cup all purpose flour
- - 1 cup whole wheat flour
- - 1 tbsp baking powder
- - pinch of salt
- - 2/3 cup brown sugar
- - 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- - 2 eggs
- - 1 1/2 cup low-fat milk (any milk of your choice)
- - 3/4 cup all-natural peanut butter
- - 1/4 cup jam (I used Bonne Maman - 4 fruits)
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- Put liners in a 12-muffins pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder and salt.
- Make a funnel in the middle of the dried ingredients and pour in all the other ingredients.With a wooden spoon, mix just enough to combine (don't over do it).
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- If your peanut butter is too "stiff" put in the microwave about 15 seconds. It'll melt it just enough so that you can mix it in easily.