Once again, I honoured to be working with Janes on a new recipe, as part of #cuisinezavecjanes challenge. This time, since summer is in full swing, I was asked to create a great a snack to be enjoyed by the pool-side with family and friends.
Well, this recipe is definitely a crowd pleaser because it has it all! It’s crispy, sweet, tangy & salty all at the same time. Plus, the cool, sweet, chunks of pineapple gives these bites a refreshing kick that is much appreciated when the mercery is soaring and the sun is shining… The prosciutto is a fun, salty, addition and it gives an extra layer of buttery texture to the whole thing.
Do I have to tell you that the ones you’re seeing in this picture disappeared in a blink of an eye? Kids and adults alike just could not get enough of them!! Here is a friendly advice, cook-to-cook : when you make them, set a few aside for yourself before serving others 😉
- - 24 Janes Pub Style Chicken Breast Nuggets
- - 1 tbsp orange marmelade
- - 1/4 cup orange juice
- - 1/4 cup honey
- - 2 tbsp ginger, minced
- - 1/4 cup soya sauce
- - 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- - 1 tbsp Sriracha (Beware, this will be very hot!! If you can't take too much heat, you can reduce this amount or omit completely)
- -1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved into 1-2 tbsp water
- - 6 slices of prosciutto, cut across the width in 4 sections each, for 24 pieces, folded in 2 or 4 depending on their size.
- - 24 little chunks of pineapple (ideally fresh, but in a pinch, the canned ones could work)
- Bake the chicken nuggets according to package.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce, add the next 7 ingredients into a saucepan. Bring to a boil for about 5 minutes. Add the cornstarch dissolved in water, whisk and lower the heat. Let simmer another 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- You can either use the sauce as a dipping sauce and place the bites on the side or you can mix the chicken nuggets with the sauce before you assemble your bites. It's totally up to you.
- If you do mix the sauce before assembling like I did, dip each nugget individually and put on a serving plate. Add a section of prosciutto and then a chunk of pineapple and use a long toothpick to secure the whole thing.
- Serve immediately
- Don't forget to set aside a pieces for yourself...they tend to disappear quite fast 😉