Try to say that recipe name 3 times fast!! This scrumptious dessert is not only a mouthful to pronounce, it is literally, one that you will want to stuff your face with!
Shortcake does not have to be boring and is not limited to strawberry! Roll it up and serve it with blueberries instead! Especially since blueberries are in season right now and it seemed like a perfect fit. Add some white chocolate chips and you’ve got an upgraded, yet simple dessert that is sure to please everyone.
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 2 tbsp powder sugar
- Prepare jelly roll pan by lining it with parchment paper. You can also use a cookie sheet with edges, it doesn't have to be a jelly roll pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Whip the 4 egg whites until stiff, then set aside. Put the 4 egg yolks in a mixer bowl with the sugar and beat until creamy. Add the vanilla and beat again.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Now fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture while sifting the flour over the top, stirring gently with a spatula.
- Spread evenly in the prepared pan and bake for 12 minutes, until it is light brown.
- Turn onto a towel dusted with powdered sugar, and roll up the long way inside the towel. This helps it keep its shape once it is filled.
- Once the cake has completely cooled inside the towel whip the heavy cream with the powder sugar.
- Unroll the sponge cake and spread with whipped cream and strawberries. Roll it back up and serve with leftover strawberries and cream.