In the world of not-boring salad, five key components are joining forces to make you fully happy, satisfied and satiated. Those 5 components are: something that feels like a real treat (battered fish, croutons, fried wontons…), something creamy (feta cheese, avocados, creamy dressing…), something crunchy (carrots, red bell peppers, cucumbers…), something leafy (romaine lettuce, iceberg lettuce, arugula…) and of course, your creative imagination!!
Also, a salad does not have to be all raw! Add some cooked, steamed, grilled components and you’re in a whole other dimension!
This is another collaboration with Janes, as part of #cuisinezavecjanes challenge. I was asked to create a dish that is quick to prepare so that you can enjoy your good book during this I Love to Read month of April! Well, this salad is really easy and quick to prepare, in addition to being absolutely delicious.
Enjoy with your favorite book !
- - 4 pieces of Janes uncooked battered haddock;
- - 4 hard boiled eggs
- - 1/2 lb steamed asparagus;
- - 1 cup grated carrots;
- - 1 cup sliced red bell peppers (=1 big red pepper);
- - 12 red cherry tomatoes, quartered;
- - 12 orange cherry tomatoes, quartered;
- - 2 Lebanese cucumbers, diced;
- - 2 ripe avocados, sliced;
- - 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese.
- - 1/2 cup real mayonnaise;
- - 1/4 cup old fashioned mustard;
- - 1/4 cup lemon juice;
- - 1 tbsp honey;
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together and whisk really well. Set aside.
- Cook the fish according to package. At the same time, boil your eggs if you don't have some already ready- about 10 minutes depending on how done you like them and steam some asparagus ( I like to put them in water and microwave about 3 minutes, it's quicker)
- While the fish is cooking (and the eggs are boiling), assemble all the other ingredients in 4 bowls or plates. Top with boiled egg, 1 piece of cooked fish per plate or bowl, and a few steamed asparagus.
- Drizzle with the dressing.