Another version of an healthy donut! The recipe is different from the Chocolate donut’s but it’s still quite healthy and just as easy to make. And of course, they are TO DIE FOR!
You’ll only need a non-stick donut pan and you’re all set to go! No fryer and virtually no oil necessary.
This recipe is very simple and it takes just a few minutes to make. Cooking time is just about 10 minutes. Basically, it’s quicker than driving yourself to the closest donut shop!
You can decide to coat the top completely with the glaze or just to drizzle a bit on top. Or, you can forgo the glaze altogether for an even healthier version. It’s all good!
- -1 cup whole-wheat flour
- -½ cup all-purpose flour
- -1 tbsp baking powder
- -1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- -½ teaspoon salt
- -½ cup packed brown sugar
- -1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- -1/2 cup milk of choice
- -2 large eggs
- -1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- - 1/2 cup icing sugar
- - 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon powder
- - 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- - 2 tablespoons milk of choice)
- Preheat your oven at 350 F.
- In a bowl, sift the first 5 ingredients together. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients for the donuts together. Integrate the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just enough to blend everything but not too much because your donut are going to be too dense.
- Transfer the mixture into a piping bag (or a big Ziploc) and pipe it into your previously well-oiled donut pan, to approximately 3/4 of the edge.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Mix all the ingredients together with a whip or a fork. Dip the donuts in the glaze or simply drizzle on top.
- Sprinkle a bit of icing sugar if desired.