This dressing recipe is so good, it deserves a post of its own. You know this fantastic sesame dressing they put on your little green salad at the sushi restaurants? It’s delicious and in my view, almost addictive! I think it transforms any ordinary salad into a delightful experience! (I am only slightly exaggerating)
It’s also much less expensive than the store-bought alternative and it really takes only 5 minutes to prepare!
However, keep in mind that, since there are no added chemical preservatives in this recipe, so it will only keep about 1 week in your refrigerator.
- - 1 large egg yolk
- - 1 garlic clove, pressed
- - 1 tsp dijon mustard
- - 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soya sauce ( I used Low-Sodium Kikkoman)
- - 1 shallot (or 1/2 yellow onion if you don't have any), finely chopped
- - 1 tsp honey
- - 1tsp toasted sesame oil
- - 3/4 cup canola oil
- Put all the ingredients in a wide-edge bowl and mix everything well with a hand-held mixer. Alternatively, you can also throw everything in the blender and mix for 2 minutes at high speed.
- *Store in an airtight container (like a Mason jar) and refrigerate. Use within a week.