Ahhhh summer!!!!! With its pool partys, barbecues, refreshing drinks, isn’t it the best season of all?! It certainly is for me!
However, when you want to prepare a nice dessert but it’s so hot outside that the mere idea of turning your oven on seems laughable, the perfect solution is a no-bake icebox cake.
There are a myriad of different Icebox cake recipes on the web and most of them involve fresh berries. It’s obviously all good, but I wanted to try something different. Something kinda Indian-Like and all grown-up. Since, I love Chaï tea and mangoes, it seemed to be the perfect choice. Also, the filling in most icebox cakes is made of 100% with whipped cream, but I wanted to make this a bit lighter and healthier, by adding fresh mango puree and greek yogurt.
If you can’t find Chaï spices, you can make your own by mixing together (I found this recipe on A Family Feast and I modified it somewhat) :
-2 tablespoons ginger powder
-2 tablespoons ground cardamom
-1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
-1½ teaspoons ground cloves
– ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper, finely ground
– 3 tablespoons cinnamon
The result is delicious and an easy, no bake treat with graham crackers softened with airy cream-yogurt-mango filling.
Fresh, creamy and perfect for summer!
- - 2 tsp Chaï spices (see the recipe in the post)
- - 3 tbsp honey
- - 1 cup almond milk
- - 300 gr. (approx. 10 oz) Graham crackers
- - 2 cups whipping cream
- - 1 cup greek yogurt (I used vanilla flavoured)
- - 1 cup mango puree (I used fresh mangoes which I mashed with my hand blender)
- - 1 tbsp honey
- - 1 tsp Chaï spices (see the recipe in the post)
- - Toasted sweetened coconut
- In a saucepan, at low heat, dissolve the Chaï spices and honey in the almond milk. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream until stiff and fold mango puree, yogurt and honey. Whip again about 2 minutes. Reserve in the fridge until ready to assemble.
- Dip the Graham crackers in the almond milk mixture one by one and place evenly at the bottom of a 9'X9' pan. Spread 1/3 of the filling over the crackers. Repeat this until you have 3 layers, finishing with the filling and top with toasted sweetened coconut. Refrigerate until ready to serve.