These lamb chops taste like heaven, no kidding!
Since the process of cutting and trimming a rack of lamb can be a bit labor-intensive, I would suggest that you ask your butcher to do it for you. Then, all you’ll have to do is throw them in a large Ziploc with the marinade for 24 hours. In fact, I marinaded mine for 48 hours because we were invited for an impromptu dinner at my stepson’s apartment and we ended up eating the lamb chops the night after. They were delicious!
This marinade is truly fantastic because it tenderizes the meat and infuses it with wonderful flavour, without taking over the delicate taste of lamb.
The sauce complements the spicy/sweet marinade perfectly and adds a creamy dimension to the dish.
(This marinade and sauce also works great with pork chops and beef tenderloins, if you prefer these types of meat.)
- - 8 lamb chops (about 1 1/4 lb or 500 gr)
- - 2 tbsp soy sauce
- -1 tbsp brown sugar
- - 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- - 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- - 2 cloves garlic minced
- - 2 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- - 1 tsp red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- - 1 tsp tasted sesame oil
- - 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- - 3 tbsp low-fat sour cream
- - 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- - 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- - 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- - 1 tbsp crushed pepper flakes (or more or less, to taste)
- - 1 tsp honey
- - 1 tbsp lime juice
- - salt & pepper
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a large Ziploc bag or a large glass bowl. throw the lamb chops in the marinade and let sit in the fridge for 24 to 48 hours, turning and moving the bag every few hours.
- Mix all the ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- *You can easily double or triple the recipe according to the number of servings you wish to prepare
- **This marinade and sauce also works great with pork chops and beef tenderloins.