These muffins are soft and tender et they contain absolutely NO OIL OR BUTTER!They taste fresh and flavourful with a burst of strawberry in every bite. they are also naturally sweetened with honey and organic palm sugar.
Perfect for breakfast or as a mid-afternoon snack, I recommend that you double the recipe right away because the first 12 muffins will do a disappearing act on you!
Don’t be shy to share your comments with us on this page, on Facebook
Instagram, I LOVE to read you!
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- - 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- - 1 cup quick oats
- - 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- - 1/2 tsp baking soda
- - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- - 1/4 tsp salt
- - 1 large egg, beaten
- - 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- - 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- - 3 tbsp honey
- - 3 tbsp organic palm sugar
- - 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- - 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- - 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- - 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- Preheat your oven at 350 F. Spray a muffin pan with cooking oil or line with paper cups.
- In a big bowl, combine the flours, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, sour cream, yogurt, honey, palm sugar, almond milk, vanilla extract and pecans until well combined.
- Incorporate the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. Gently add the strawberries.
- Divide evenly between the 12 muffins..
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Take out of the oven and let cool 5-10 minutes before enjoying.
- *You can freeze the muffins or up to 3 months or keep them in an airtight container for up to 5 days (it they don't all disappear in the same day)