A healthy donut? Yep! You better believe it and it’s absolutely delicious. In fact, I think it’s even better than it’s fried version!
You’ll only need a non-stick donut pan and you’re all set to go! No fryer and virtually no oil necessary.
This recipe is very simple and it takes just a few minutes to make. Cooking time is just about 10 minutes. Basically, it’s quicker than driving yourself to the closest donut shop! ?
You can decide to coat the top completely with the glaze or just to drizzle a bit on top. Or, you can forgo the glaze altogether for an even healthier version. It’s all good!?
Healthy Chocolate Donuts (Baked not fried!)
A donut that is both scrumptious and healthy? Yes, it exists!
Credit: Julie Paillé
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or other milk of choice)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar Glaze:
- 1/2 cup confectionner’s sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons almond milk (or other milk of choice)
1.Preheat your oven at 350.
- In a bowl, sift the first 6 ingredients together. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients for the donuts together. Integrate the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just enough to blend everything but not too much because your donut are going to be too dense.
- Transfer the mixture into a piping bag (or a big ziploc) and pipe it into your previously well-oiled donut pan, to approximately 3/4 of the edge. 5 Bake for about 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Glaze: Mix all the ingredients together with a whip or a fork. Dip the donuts in the glaze or simply drizzle on top. Sprinkle a bit of confectionner’s sugar if desired.