Perfect après-ski meal anyone? A chili of course!! This one has a little twist though, it’s made with lean ground pork (instead of the more traditional beef) and…mango salsa!
Even if it may not sound like it at first, it truly is a match made in heaven. The mango taste is subtle but it gives this chili just the right amount of sweetness and tanginess! It’s rich, hearty, comforting and well…absolutely perfect after a day outside playing in the snow!
You can serve it with warm bread rolls on the side or inside hollowed-out bread buns, with rice, quinoa or even on cooked spaghetti squash. It’s all good!
Mango Pork Chili
Write a review
2 hr 10 min
2 hr 10 min
- - 2 lbs lean ground pork
- - 1/2 fresh mango, cut in small dices
- - 1 onion, chopped
- - 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- - 1 can (32 oz) mango salsa (I used Old El Paso)
- - 1 can (30 oz) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- - 1 big can (58 oz) diced tomatoes
- - 1 small can tomato sauce
- - 3 tbsp chili powder
- diced fresh mango, to garnish
- In a large pot, brown pork with the onions.
- Add, chili powder, mangoes and red bell peppers and stir for about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in mango salsa, red kidney beans, tomato sauce & diced tomatoes.
- Bring to boiling and reduce heat. Let simmer covered for at least 2 hours.
- Served topped with fresh diced mango or, as shown in the picture, a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheese.