just love baking with my daughters and I like finding recipes so simple that they can actually prepare a lot of the stuff by themselves. So how to entice your kids to stay around and help in the kitchen? By baking a cake of course!
This pound cake is fun because it pleases both vanilla and chocolate cakes lovers. Win-Win!
This pound cake is a total treat, it’s not the healthiest and lightest recipe on this blog but hey! You gotta treat yourself a bit sometimes too 🙂
My husband likes to eat it with a dollop of vanilla yogourt on top, but it’s also perfectly good on its own…
- -1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- -1 cup granulated sugar
- - 3 large eggs
- - 1 tsp vanilla
- - 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- - 2 tsp baking soda
- - 1/2 tsp salt
- - 1/4 cup cocoa powder, dutch process
- - 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- - 2/3 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a loaf pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and the vanilla. Whisk together flour, soda and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Alternate mixing in the flour and the buttermilk to the electric mixer until combined.
- Mix the cocoa powder and chocolate chips together. Set aside.
- Scoop out about half the batter and spread evenly in the loaf pan. sprinkle all the cocoa mixture on the batter. Spread the rest of the batter on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 50 minutes. Until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool on rack.