These Double-Layer Crunchy-Soft Cups are going to become a favorite of yours as a vessel for your various appetizers fillings. Now, the possibilities are endless from sweet to savoury, but with the Super Bowl just around the corner, I thought I would present them as Double-Layer Crunchy-Soft Taco Cups, filled with the absolute best & juicy chicken: the Shredded Chicken, Mexican-style!
Honestly, I don’t think I’ll ever want to eat my tacos any other way, these Double-Layer Crunchy-Soft Cups offer the perfect balance of crunch and softness, they hold their shape well and are big enough for a good 3-4 tbsp of filling. They can be served at dinner and it’s an easy way to better portion your servings (no waste!). Plus, they are a more playful meal, since they can be eaten with your hands (kids approved ?!!).
But, they really shine as appetizers or hors d’oeuvres or in a pot-luck dinner, they are just too adorable to ignore ?
The wonton wrappers can be found in your grocery store, often in the frozen section along with the asian food. I bought the WongWing brand, but I am sure that all brands are very similar.
- - 1 package Wonton wrappers (fresh or frozen & thawed)
- - Cooking spray
- - Shredded Chicken, Mexican-style
- - Sharp cheddar cheese (or Mexican blend)
- -Sour cream
- - Perfect Chunky Guacamole (find the recipe here:)
- Preheat your oven at 350 degrees F.
- Spray one or two 12 muffin-tins generously with cooking oil.
- Line each cup with a Wonton wrapper.
- Put about 2 tbsp of the filling of your choice (here we used the Shredded Chicken, Mexican style)
- Top with cheese. Put another wonton wrapper on each cup, squishing the one at the bottom a bit. Put another 2 tbsp of filling and top with cheese.
- Bake 13-15 minutes.
- *Serve warm, with a dollop of sour cream on top and the Perfect Chunky Guacamole.