This is a recipe that I hesitated before posting because it’s so ridiculously simple and straightforward that I kind of felt shy about it. But it truly is a favorite in my house and, when my daughters ask what’s for dinner and I answer the chicken lasagna rolls, it is a guaranteed “YAY!” Music to my ears 🙂
I also gave a casserole to my sister when she moved in her new house and she called me back raving about it, so I decided that it definitely needed to be shared ;-)!!
What’s also very fun and practical about this recipe is that it yields 2 casseroles. One casserole is enough dinner for a family of four, so you can freeze the other one for a more hectic night or, frankly, when you couldn’t be bothered with cooking (Yes, it happens to me too!)…
Chicken Lasagna Rolls
A comforting meal that will quickly become a favorite in your household!
Write a review
- - 16 lasagna noodles
- - 2 cans cream of chicken (I use Campbell's)
- - 2 cups (500 ml) skim milk
- - 1 whole chicken, cooked and shredded.
- - 2 cups grated cheese (I use a mix of mozzarella and cheddar)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to package. Drain and cover in cold water.*
- Line 2 9X12 baking dish with parchment paper (If, like me, you are not particularly fond of scrubbing after your meal 🙂 )
- Mix the cream of chicken soup with the milk. Whisk well and cover the bottom of each baking dish with about 1/2 cup of this mixture.
- Cut the noodles lengthwise in the middle. Spread about 2 tbsp of chicken in the onto the half-noodles. Roll up tightly.
- Place the rolls, seam-sides down, in both baking dish (about 16 rolls each). Cover with the rest of the soup mixture; top with cheese.
- Bake 30 min. or until heated through. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes. Then broil for 5 minutes to get that nice, crusty cheese top!
- *Yes!! I know that putting cooked pastas in cold water is a big "no-no" in cooking and that it removes the starch from the noodles. But if you don't put them in water, they will stick together and be very difficult to manipulate...However, make sure to remove excess water when you're ready to use them!
Serving Size 300g
Servings Per Container 10
Amount Per Serving
Calories 308 Calories from Fat 72.9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8.1g 12%
Saturated Fat 3.1g 16%
Trans Fat 1.1g
Cholesterol 44.8mg 15%
Sodium 453.5mg 19%
Total Carbohydrate 35.5g 12%
Dietary Fiber 2.2g 9%
Protein 21.5g 43%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
I tried this recipe tonight and it was easy to make and absolutely delicious! My kids told me after their first bite, that this recipe was a keeper! Thank you Julie!
Conny, your feedback is so precious to me! I am very happy to hear that it was a success in your home! xxx