If you are like me, after having eaten way too much heavy food and feeling bloated (i.e. over the Holidays or any big family dinner), you crave something warm, healthy and really not too rich. This is the perfect soup for you! It will warm your heart and put you back on your feet in no time and it’s FILLED with ridiculously good-for-you ingredients.
Also, this is a great option for weight loss so, if you’re looking to lose a few pounds, this soup is really low in calories, has virtually no fat but still will leave you feeling full and satisfied… And with it’s white beans, barley and veggies, it really is a complete meal in itself.
Happy detoxing to all !!
- - 1 tbsp olive oil
- - 1 large onion, diced
- - 3 very big carrots, sliced
- - 1 head Savoy cabbage (or regular cabbage), coarsely chopped
- - 1 large can of Aylmer's diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
- - 1 pouch onion soup mix
- - 4 cups of vegetable stock (or chicken or beef stock for a non-vegan version)
- - 1 can of white beans, thoroughly rinsed
- - 1 cup of barley, thoroughly rinsed
- In a large saucepan, cook the onions in the olive oil. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. reduce the heat and let simmer for 1h30. Enjoy!