Looking for a showstopper side-dish that will be both delicious and low in calories? This is it!
There is only 2 slices of bacon in this recipe and a mere tablespoon of maple syrup but, combined with the balsamic vinegar and a drizzle of olive oil something magical happens to this admittedly most hated-by-kids vegetable when it roasts in the oven, making it a wonderful treat. Yes! A treat!
And they will still taste great the next day as leftovers, reheated….
Maple balsamic roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon
A delicious side-dish for any occasion...especially good with roasted meats!
Write a review
- -1 1/2 lbs. brussel sprouts, stalk cut off and then halved
- -1 tbsp. real maple syrup
- -2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- -1 tbsp. olive oil
- - 2 slices of turkey or pork bacon, diced into bite sized pieces
- - salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400. In a large baking sheet, toss together the Brussel sprouts, bacon, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper, then distribute evenly in a single layer (trying to organize the Brussel sprouts face-down.
- Cook for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and stir. Return to oven.
- Remove from oven and stir to evenly distribute.
- Add more salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
Délicieux! Toute la famille a aimé. L’ajout du vinaigre balsamique et du sirop d’érable fait toute la différence. À refaire!
Merci de ce beau commentaire!