This salad is my delicious version of a detox salad, and it doesn’t taste like a punishment or as if your depriving yourself. It’s crunchy, full of flavour and satisfying.
I put quite a lot of ingredients in mine, but don’t worry if you don’t have everything on the list in your refrigerator, you can pretty much put any root vegetable, any type of leafy green and vegetable in the cabbage family that you have and it’s going to be delicious. Please share your own variations with me!
Honestly, it’s all about the dressing in my opinion. This dressing truly ties everything together and makes this salad addictive.
It’s also a great pot-luck salad! Just make sure to mix the dressing only when ready to serve.
I can’t wait for your comments!
- - 1/2 cup of chopped red cabbage
- - 1/2 cup of chopped green cabbage
- - 1/2 cup of chopped iceberg lettuce
- - 1 lebanese cucumber, diced
- - 1/2 of a red bell pepper, diced
- - 1/2 cup of edamame (I use frozen ones, thawed)
- - 1 medium carrot, shredded
- - 1 small beet, shredded
- - 6-7 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- - 1 scallion, chopped.
- - 1/4 cup of crushed roasted peanuts
- - 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro
- - 1/4 cup of Japanese sesame dressing (such as Wafu)
- - 2 tbsp soya sauce
- - 1tbsp sesame oil
- Put all the ingredients for the salad in a bowl.
- Mix up all the ingredients for the dressing in a small container.
- Stir in the dressing in the salad when ready to serve. Toss well.